These links to other websites are provided as a service to our Members and visitors.
NOTE: The appearance of a link does not constitute an endorsement by the 506th Association; nor does the 506th Association exercise any editorial control over the information found at these locations.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Medical Support Articles
Agent Orange: US Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Completing Agent Orange Claims: July 2012
EPA’s Reanalysis of Key Issues Related to Dioxin Toxicity and Response to NAS Comments, Volume 1: February 2012 [344-page Adobe PDF file]
Secretary Seeks Fast Track to Process Claims: March 9, 2010 press release from US Department of Veterans Affairs: Focus on 200,000 Veterans Expected to File Claims under New Agent Orange Presumptives over Next Two Years
Agent Orange Exposure for VA Disability Claims
The VA has recognized certain cancers and other health problems as presumptive diseases associated with exposure to Agent Orange or other herbicides during military service. Veterans and their survivors may be eligible for disability compensation or survivors' benefits for these diseases.
Falciparum Malaria and PTSD
According to the US Department of Veterans Affairs, there are currently 25 million living individuals who have served in the United States' armed forces. Hundreds of thousands, if not millions of these living veterans were exposed to toxic asbestos-containing materials during military service.
Mesothelioma information is available at the following websites:
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- PTSD Alliance: provides educational resources for individuals diagnosed with PTSD
- New PTSD Assistance App: August 2012
- VA Continues PTSD Outreach: July 2012
- VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Post-Traumatic Stress: [253-page Adobe pdf file] by US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Best Practice Manual for PTSD Compensation and Pension Examinations: [121-page Adobe pdf file] by US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Win PTSD Settlement:January 23, 2012 military.com article
- National Center for PTSD: US Department of Veterans Affairs
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): from MedicineNet
- Welcome Home!: from PTSD Support Services
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): from At Health, Inc.
- Falciparum Malaria and PTSD: by Andrew "Doc" Lovy, DO, FACN (HHC, 3rd BN Surgeon, 1967-1968)
- David Baldwin's Trauma Information Pages: website by a licensed clinical psychologist in Oregon that focuses on trauma, especially PTSD
- PTSD References: by Andrew "Doc" Lovy, DO, FACN (HHC, 3rd BN Surgeon, 1967-1968)
- Acute Traumatic Stress: excerpt from an article by Kenneth Harbert, PhD, BCETS, CTS, PA-C
- PTSD High in NYC after September 11: from Reuters Health
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: from Natural Health and Meditation Resource Pages